In the early stages of prostate cancer, there may be no symptoms. In the later stages, some symptoms might include:
- Feeling the frequent or sudden need to urinate
- Finding it difficult to urinate (for example, trouble starting or not being able to urinate when the feeling is there or poor urine flow)
- Discomfort when urinating
- Finding blood in urine or semen
- Pain in the lower back, upper thighs or hips.
Many of these symptoms are common. They may not mean you have prostate cancer. But if you are worried about your symptoms, it is important that you talk to your doctor.