The Long Run is a physical challenge which encourages people to run, walk or wheel 72km to raise awareness and funds for those impacted by prostate cancer.
Participants can cover the distance across the entire month of September anyway and anywhere they like. Or they can join the Father’s Day 4k challenge which is our family-friendly option. They also have the ability to set their own distance.
- Participants sign up for the challenge at thelongrun.org.au
- Once registered they receive a personal fundraising page
- From the website participants can download resources to help them seek sponsors
- Family and friends donate
- Money comes to Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia
Along the way, participants will receive virtual badges on their fundraising page. These incentives are designed to keep them motivated and encourage them to raise funds.
The Long Run is open to everyone.