The support group was formed in 2000 and is affiliated with the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia. The group aims to provide an opportunity for men diagnosed with prostate cancer, their partners and families, to obtain information and support from health professionals and, more importantly, other men diagnosed with prostate cancer.
- Open discussions (informal and facilitated) where men, and their partners, can share their experiences of coping with diagnosis, treatment, side effects and getting on with life after treatment.
- Presentations by health professionals on topics related to prostate cancer; its treatment and management of side-effects; including medical, diet, physiotherapy and psychosocial information.
- All meetings are supported by health professionals: either a Clinical Psychologist and/or Clinical Nurse Consultant.
- Resources - books, videos and DVDs available.
- The meetings are free of charge, but you are welcome to volunteer to help out in some practical way in the running of the group, or the supply of our monthly newsletter.
The group meets every quarter, February, May, August and November between 10.00am - 11.30am every 2nd Wednesday of the month.
Prior to your visit it is a good idea to call us on 02 9767 5332 as meeting location can change.
Location of Meeting
Concord NSW 2139
02 9767 5332