The Group was formed in 1996 and led by Bob Collard MBE who was also the recipient of the prestigious Max Gardiner Award for Special Distinguished service in Prostate Cancer. Since his resignation from President in 2011, the group has restructured and embarked on a process of renewal striving to support men on the Central Coast with prostate cancer."
• Open discussions where men and their partners can seek information and support on all areas of prostate cancer management.
• Guest speakers at most meetings – including Urologists and allied health professionals.
• All meetings attended by area health continence advisors and Cancer Care Social Worker.
• Friendly tea break each meeting for a chance of sociable interaction amongst group members.
• Monthly newsletter sent to all members-inclusive of the latest research and a few funny jokes.
• Regular men only sharing sessions throughout the year, however all partners warmly welcomed and encouraged to attend.
• Prostate cancer awareness fundraising activities, health promotion and advocacy.
• Informal BBQ’s on the beach, boat trips and lunches.
• Last Friday of each month. 9.30 – 12.00 at Terrigal Uniting Church. Terrigal Drive. Terrigal.
• No formal meeting in December. We enjoy a Christmas lunch instead.
• Gold coin donation to help defray costs of morning tea and guest speaker payments.
• Wheelchair accessible and ample close parking.
• Meetings typically attended by approximately 40 group members
Location of Meeting
Terrigal Uniting Church
Terrigal NSW 2250
Suzie Sedevic Group Contact
02 4336 6627
John Daven Group Member
0419 207 518