The PCFA Ambassador Program aims to raise community awareness of prostate cancer and to provide resources for individuals to learn more.
About the Ambassador Program
PCFA Ambassadors are trained volunteer speakers who present to workplaces, community groups, and organisations on the importance of prostate cancer awareness, and to provide resources for individuals to learn more. The Ambassador program is able to provide a speaker for your workplace, event, or group, in order to better educate them on the importance of this issue.
The Ambassador program operates in all States and Territories. We currently have approximately 100 Ambassador speakers available across the country, in metropolitan, regional, and remote areas. Many Ambassadors have first-hand experience of prostate cancer, are the partner or carer of someone who has, or simply have a passion for raising men’s health awareness in their communities. Before becoming an Ambassador, all speakers receive comprehensive training from PCFA.
Aims of the Ambassador Program
- To raise awareness in men and their families of prostate cancer
- To provide information on the importance of talking to your doctor about prostate cancer
- To encourage men to engage with their general practitioners around health issues
- To provide a suite of presentations to address the varying information needs of people in the community about prostate cancer
- To deliver timely and evidence-based information about prostate cancer and related health issues
There are three presentation topics to select from, each created to meet the varying needs of audiences. The three presentations available are:
- Prostate Cancer: What You Need to Know
- Prostate Cancer: Treatment Options
- Prostate Cancer: What Partners and Carers Need to Know.
Presentations generally last 20 minutes, with Q & A time to follow, although this is flexible, dependant on your requirements.
PCFA is always glad to discuss how we can assist your organisation with a complimentary presentation, and we welcome your questions and enquiries. If you would like to learn more about hosting a speaker, please contact PCFA on
1800 00 22 98 or email@example.com
Host a free Ambassador Presentation at your:
- Workplace or worksite
- Social, community or sporting club
- Professional training courses incorporating patient experiences
- Annual events for Men's Health Week and Prostate Cancer Awareness Month
- Big Aussie Barbie or fundraising event
Please note that PCFA Ambassadors are not medical professionals. They are not able to give medical advice, and the presentations do not make recommendations regarding treatment options.
Booking an Ambassador Presentation
We welcome the opportunity to speak with you on how an Ambassador presentation can be included into your program and meet your group’s needs. For further information view the How to Secure an Ambassador Speaker information sheet and request form or contact us directly on
Network Helpline: 1800 00 22 98
Post: Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia
Attn: Ambassador Program
PO Box 499
St Leonards NSW 1590
Fax: 02 9438 7099
There is no charge to host an Ambassador, as they are available as a free community resource. However, donations are graciously accepted, as PCFA receives limited government funding to carry out its essential work. All donations of $2 and over are tax deductible and a formal receipt is provided.