The inaugural meeting of the Central Queensland Prostate Support and Awareness Group was held at the Hillcrest Private Hospital on 7 October 1999. The meeting was called and addressed by Dr Ken P'ng, Urologist and attended by forty interested people and some families affected by prostate cancer. Wives and partners are urged to attend our meetings.
Dr Ken P'ng is the group's patron and our Prostate Cancer Specialist Nurse, Judy Cornick, regularly attends our meetings. Invited Guest Speakers also attend our meetings on a regular basis.
Meetings are held at 7.00pm on the 3rd Thursday of the month (except December).
Venue: The Function Room, Rocky Sports Club, Lion Creek Road (opposite Rockhampton High School)
Typically these include:
- Addressing health care workers
- Addressing services and other community groups
- Supporting and sponsoring our branch group and local Prostate Cancer Specialist Nurse
- Extending community awareness at local events including Women's Wellness Expo, Emergency Services Day, big Aussie BBQ, Prostate Awareness Race Day (held in September at Callaghan Park) and Beef 2015 and 2018.
- Social gatherings to celebrate and enjoy the company of the group members.
Location of Meeting
corner Bolsover and Cambridge Sts
Rockhampton QLD 4700
Lloyd Younger Convener
0437 727 657
Jenny Leyland Secretary
PO Box 3013, Red Hill Rockhampton Qld 4701